The IBM FlashSystem A9000 and IBM FlashSystem A9000R, are all-flash solutions purposely built for cloud-scale business. This course will provide an overview of these storage systems and their distinct components. We will cover an overview of the physical requirements that incorporates the roles of the client, and IBM Support Service Representative, and other tasks needed for the deployment of IBM FlashSystem A9000, and IBM FlashSystem A9000R.
Industry-leading data reduction technology that combines inline, real-time pattern matching and removal, data deduplication, and compression is part of this course. In addition, topics include the definition of systems in the GUI, and the creation of a logical configuration using the physical capacity of the all-flash storage enclosure. This course covers the IBM Hyper-Scale Manager (also known as the HSM) that was developed along with the IBM FlashSystem A9000, and A9000R storage systems. This unique, user interface, IBM Hyper-Scale Manager is not a typical, table-driven interface. It is a fresh approach, to storage management, based on a series of user studies that has helped pinpoint key capabilities, that simplify storage management.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. http://www.ibm.com/training/terms
Learning Journeys or Training Paths that reference this course:
This lecture and exercise-based course is for individuals who are assessing and/or planning to deploy IBM System Storage networked storage virtualization solutions. Enrollment in this course is not restricted. Typical students may include:
• Technical IBM personnel
• Business Partner technical personnel
• IT consultants and architects
• IBM Introduction to Storage (SS01G)
• IBM Flash Storage Fundamentals (self-paced) (SSFS1WG)
• IBM Flash Storage Fundamentals (SSFS1G)
• Unit 00: FlashSystem A9000/A9000R course overview
• Unit 01: FlashSystem A9000/A9000R introduction
• Unit 02: FlashSystem A9000/A9000R physical and logical planning
• Unit 03: FlashSystem A9000/A9000R data reduction and data distribution
> Exercise 01: IBM Hyper-Scale Manager initial setup
> Exercise 02: Exploring the FlashSystem A9000R through the IBM Hyper-Scale Manager GUI
> Exercise 03: Provisioning IBM FlashSystem A9000R storage resources
• Unit 04: FlashSystem A9000/A9000R provisioning storage resources
• Unit 05: Managing the FlashSystem A9000/A9000R storage system using XCLI
> Exercise 04: Creating snapshots, consistency groups and snapshot groups
> Exercise 05: Defining a domain
> Exercise 06: Storage monitoring using XCLI
• Summarize the units associated with the IBM FlashSystem A9000 and IBM FlashSystem A9000R Storage Implementation course.
• Classify the characteristics and components of the IBM FlashSystem A9000 and IBM FlashSystem A9000R storage systems.
• Outline the physical and logical planning requirements to setup and configured FlashSystem A9000 or A9000 R by an IBM SSR.
• Summarize the benefits of data reduction and data distribution.
• Outline the process in which to create storage resources on the IBM FlashSystem A9000/A9000R using the Hyper-Scale Manager user interface.
• Recall the administrative functions and maintenance procedures to centralize the management of IBM FlashSystem A9000/A9000R storage resources.