This course is also available as classroom course Process Implementing with IBM Business Process Manager Standard V8.5.5 - II (WB815G)
This intermediate course teaches application developers and BPM team members how to use IBM Business Process Manager to design and develop process applications. It is an interactive class with demonstrations and hands-on lab exercises.
This course teaches methods for designing and building complex process application solutions with IBM Business Process Manager. IBM Business Process Manager is a comprehensive BPM product that provides the visibility and insight necessary to effectively manage organizational business processes. This course focuses on the Standard configuration of IBM Business Process Manager.
The course begins by explaining how to extend process visibility beyond process participants to managers and executives. This visibility is realized through reports that provide real-time productivity and historical performance trends. The course also covers how a process application incorporates rich user interactivity without sacrificing user response time. You also learn how to integrate disparate systems and data sources through inbound and outbound integrations.
Hands-on exercises throughout the course give you the opportunity to develop a process application that enhances the function, usability, performance, and maintainability of a business process.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
This intermediate course is designed for process application developers with experience in implementing IBM Business Process Manager, or other project team members who design, architect, and build complex process applications.
Successfully complete course, Process Implementing with IBM Business Process Manager Standard V8.5.5 - I (WB814G) or (ZB814G)
Build and deploy at least one IBM Business Process Manager process application release into production
- Explain the architecture for a typical IBM Business Process Manager deployment
- Create business objects that are optimized for use inside a business process diagram
- Identify and track critical business data inside a business process diagram, and describe the database schema to extract the data for business reports
- Design and create custom reports and scoreboards to provide process visibility for multiple stakeholders and users across an organization
- Create Ajax coach elements for a responsive and highly polished user experience
- Translate a coach into numerous languages through localization
- Design an IBM Business Process Manager data architecture for a process application with complex business data
- Model all decision authority for a process and employ complex logic for task routing and assignments
- Construct complex task and process task-to-task interaction controls
- Identify and solve common integration issues
- Course introduction
- Data perspectives and use
- Tracking data in IBM Business Process Manager
- Exercise: Creating tracking groups in a business process definition
- Reports and scoreboards
- Exercise: Creating an ad hoc report in Process Portal
- Exercise: Creating a custom ad hoc report in IBM Process Designer
- Advanced custom reports
- Exercise: Creating a coach custom report with coach views
- Defining ad hoc activities and use of the REST API
- Exercise: Creating an ad hoc activity and exploring REST APIs
- Exercise: Localizing a coach
- IBM Worklight integration with IBM Business Process Manager
- Designing complex process applications
- Advanced routing
- Exercise: Implementing the "four eyes" policy
- Managing complex tasks and process interactions
- Exercise: Building a cancellation pattern
- Exercise: Implementing a multi-instance loop
- Integrating with external systems
- Exercise: Building web service connections
- Course summary