This offering teaches cloud database support staff how to use a Command Line Processor (CLP) to load data into a dashDB for Analytics or dashDB for Transactions database.
Note: Guided eLearning is a self-paced offering which includes web-based content for self study and videos (including audio) that demonstrate hands-on activities.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
Data Analysts or Data Administrators
Knowledge of relational database fundamentals is required. Some experience creating relational database objects and load tables is recommended
• Selecting tools for loading data into dashDB tables
• Cataloging a dashDB database
• Creating dashDB database objects using the CLP
• Table organization for dashDB tables
• Table compression for dashDB tables
• Using the IMPORT command to load data in dashDB
• Using the LOAD command to load data in dashDB
• LOAD recoverability and restart
• LOAD processing for row compressed tables
• Table statistics for newly loaded dashDB tables
• Using EXPORT to create files for loading data
• Loading a dashDB table directly from a query result
• Using database recovery history to review load processing
Please refer to course overview