This digital course showcases the new features of IBM Spectrum Symphony (formerly Platform) version 7.2.
IBM Spectrum Symphony V7.2 is an enterprise-class grid manager for running distributed application services on a scalable, shared, heterogeneous grid. It accelerates various compute-intensive and data-intensive applications, quickly computing results while making optimal use of available infrastructure.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
This course is designed for system administration, grid and application support personnel who will be responsible for managing and utilizing a Symphony grid. Application developers and end users can also benefit from this course.
Attendees should be familiar with UNIX/Linux and/or Windows operating systems and have basic system administration experience. Previous experience with grid computing technologies and solutions is beneficial but not required.
It is recommended you attend:
IBM Spectrum Symphony Basic Administration 7.1 - H050G
This WBT consists of four Units:
Unit 1: Symphony core enhancements
Unit 2: Multi-head architecture
Unit 3: Rolling upgrades
Unit 4: Security enhancements
After completing this digital WBT course, you should be able to:
• Describe Symphony 7.2 core enhancements
• Detail on enhanced cluster, application, and workload management
• Describe the slot-based resource plans
• Explain improved performance
• Describe enhanced logging, debugging, messages, and CLI
• List and detail the accessibility enhancements
• Design the multi-head architecture
• List and explain the benefits of rolling upgrades
• List and define the security enhancements