This is an instructor-led course that introduces students to the foundational skills required to install, configure, and administer IBM Security Identity Manager,. IBM Security Identity Manager can be deployed using the following formats software stack and virtual appliance. This course applies to both formats.
The course also includes many hands-on exercises to supplement the lecture. The hands-on labs are conducted using Identity Manager v.22.214.171.124.
This course is designed for system administrators and implementers who deploy and manage IBM Security Identity Manager in an organization.
Before taking this course, make sure that you have the following skills:
- Familiarity with LDAP and TCP/IP fundamentals
- Familiarity with Linux
- Describe the value proposition of the IBM Security Identity Manager
- Discuss the architecture and deployment process
- Manage organizational structure, users, and roles
- Describe how to upload users to Identity Manager using the identity feed process
- Configure services and policies for Identity Manager endpoints
- Configure and automate resource provisioning
- Customize workflows and lifecycle operations
- Implement reporting using default and custom reports
- Manage access to the Identity Manager consoles
- Configure selective password synchronization
- Manage logging properties